× Members

DLA Payments after a successful Appeal

• Jenikay
  • Topic Author
14 years 3 months ago #20854 by Jenikay
Does anyone have information about how long it takes for DLA to be paid after a successful Appeal?

I was originally given no mobility component, but on Appeal just over 2 weeks ago (20th May), I was awarded HR Mobility - but I haven't heard anything from the Benefits office about this. I rang the DLA helpline and the lady there said that they'd no information from the Tribunal Service at all.

So I rang the Tribunal Service in Wales, and the gentleman I spoke to said that he couldn't understand why the Benefits office said they'd heard nothing, as the letter went off to them the same day I was given mine. However, he's going to re-send the letter to them again. I just wondered how long I'm going to have to wait. Jenny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20861 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:DLA Payments after a successful Appeal
Hi Jenny,

I would also send them a recorded delivery copy of the short decision notice you were given by the tribunal - just so you can be certain they've got it. But I'm afraid it often seems to take quite a few weeks for the DWP to catch up.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid