× Members

Benefit linking rules?

• Michelle
  • Topic Author
14 years 3 months ago #20950 by Michelle
Benefit linking rules? was created by Michelle
Hello. I hope some one can help as I'm trying to understand benefit linking rules. I am on SDA and IS and DLA at the moment and have been told that when I move in with my parter we may be moved onto joint ESA (he is currently receiving Income Support due to incapcity for work).

But from what I understand from the linking rules (which isn't much!) I think we may still be entitled to IS rather than ESA?

Any simple way to find this out? I saw a member of the CAB/legal service and she didn't mentio this so I'm wondering if I'm getting it wrong?

Many thanks for reading!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20976 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Benefit linking rules?
Hi Michelle,

I have to say that I'm not certain about this, but I would agree with you that you remain entitled to IS rather than ESA.

Unfortunately, the only way of being certain sounds like another visit to the CAB. As they should have all the case notes from your last visit they should be able to answer your question reasonably quickly.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Michelle
  • Topic Author
14 years 3 months ago #21023 by Michelle
Replied by Michelle on topic Re:Benefit linking rules?
Thanks very much for the answer, Steve. Will check things out via the CAB. Many thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid