× Members

DLA upgrade refused

• howdarethey
  • Topic Author
14 years 3 months ago #21144 by howdarethey
DLA upgrade refused was created by howdarethey
First let me say thanks to your site and guides

Using the information you provide I’ve gone from being denied DLA to now receiving the lower level. But I feel that this should be raise to the middle rate as the ESA medical I had gave me 30 points and my own evaluation of the medical criteria using the information in your guides gives me a score of 102

I have therefore appealed against receiving the lower rate.
No surprise, after 11 weeks its has been turned down.

Now it appears I have to go to a tribunal which I’m resigned to do.

In reading your guide on this I note that you say that my application will be reviewed again as a matter of course when I indicate that I wish to go to a tribunal.

Here is my question, I was recently asked to complete a new ESA50 I think because I have been receiving ESA for 6 months or more .

Using you guides and with the help of my wife we have produced a 10 page appendix in answer to the questions on the ESA50 form.
This goes into full detail of each part of my illness and disability ( I have CFS, had it for 17 years and now Severe Depression for the past 15 months )

Would it be advantageous to send a copy of this with the GL24 so that it is included in the reassessment or do I keep it to send to the tribunal.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21184 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:DLA upgrade refused
howdarethey wrote:

First let me say thanks to your site and guides

Using the information you provide I’ve gone from being denied DLA to now receiving the lower level. But I feel that this should be raise to the middle rate as the ESA medical I had gave me 30 points and my own evaluation of the medical criteria using the information in your guides gives me a score of 102

I have therefore appealed against receiving the lower rate.
No surprise, after 11 weeks its has been turned down.

Now it appears I have to go to a tribunal which I’m resigned to do.

In reading your guide on this I note that you say that my application will be reviewed again as a matter of course when I indicate that I wish to go to a tribunal.

Here is my question, I was recently asked to complete a new ESA50 I think because I have been receiving ESA for 6 months or more .

Using you guides and with the help of my wife we have produced a 10 page appendix in answer to the questions on the ESA50 form.
This goes into full detail of each part of my illness and disability ( I have CFS, had it for 17 years and now Severe Depression for the past 15 months )

Would it be advantageous to send a copy of this with the GL24 so that it is included in the reassessment or do I keep it to send to the tribunal.

Thanks

You can certainly send it with form GL24, but it would be advisable to retain a copy in the event that the DLA Unit do not alter their decision on appeal.

Once it is certain that your case is being passes to the Tribunal Service, if you wish, you can send the relevant document to the TS as further evidence for consideration by the appeal tribunal.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid