× Members

What happens if...

• Survivor
14 years 3 weeks ago #26507 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:What happens if...
Judy wrote:

Yes, obviously hiring a naked butler to hoover the house isn't going to wash.

:laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26508 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Re:What happens if...
But I may have a number......

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26516 by alan10one
Replied by alan10one on topic Re:What happens if...
Hi,
maybe one of you good chaps could advise me on where I stand.
I was made redundant after having an operation which did not work.
I was back at work for one week when I was told I was going to be finished.
I at first claimed JSA for about 1 month but was advised due to a limited capability of work to get on ESA.
My condition became much worse which I had been told it would and some time after was awarded high rate Mobility after seeing a doctor from DLA.
I was also, some time before being made redundant involved in an accident at work but only had 4 weeks off with sick pay.
I am now in court action against my former boss 1 for unfair dismissal 2 Disability discrimination and 3 accident at work not my fault.
I had a letter from the DWP telling me no money is recoverable for the accident at work as that is not what I am on ESA and DLA for.
What I would like to know is this..I have paid out of my own pocket to take my old boss to court over the way he treated me and I have a fair chance of winning but if I do win this unfair dismissal and disability case will I have to pay my winnings over to DWP as they have done nothing to help me take my old boss to court.
Plus I would have been on ESA and DLA anyway in the end.

Please do your best to answer.

Jim

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid