× Members

medical for reconsideration

• martha
  • Topic Author
14 years 3 weeks ago #26834 by martha
medical for reconsideration was created by martha
Im still in the reconsideration stage, not yet appealed (as i hadnt found this site till after i had asked for reconsideration, or i wouldnt have bothered, and gone straight to appeal)
I have been asked to have a medical. is that normal at this stage? i can understand for appeal , but this medical will take me over the 11 weeks for decision.
I have tried to search for the answer. (and am preparing incase i need to appeal)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
14 years 3 weeks ago #26859 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:medical for reconsideration
martha wrote:

Im still in the reconsideration stage, not yet appealed (as i hadnt found this site till after i had asked for reconsideration, or i wouldnt have bothered, and gone straight to appeal)
I have been asked to have a medical. is that normal at this stage? i can understand for appeal , but this medical will take me over the 11 weeks for decision.
I have tried to search for the answer. (and am preparing incase i need to appeal)

Hi,

It is not unusual by any means for a medical request to be made to assist in a reconsideration decision.

With regsrds to eleven weeks, in the case of DLA etc, these are only guidelines, some cases take longer, some shorter for a reconsideration to be made. There is no maximum//minimum time limits specified.

Pete

• martha
  • Topic Author
14 years 3 weeks ago #26863 by martha
Replied by martha on topic Re:medical for reconsideration
Many thanks.
Im with lottie now and looking forward to hearing if there is anyone out there who has had a decent medical?
So far im appalled and ashamed to be in the same profession.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26946 by elaine pyrke
Replied by elaine pyrke on topic Re:medical for reconsideration
I was refused DLA and appealed. I was then required to have a medical at home - the doctor went through the form at a fairly brisk pace, reserved rather than chatty, but seemed to have an appreciation of the effects of my illness.

A couple of weeks later I was granted DLA, without having to go to a tribunal.

So don't despair, it may work out better than you think. All the best,

Elaine

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid