× Members

Going into hospital

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27241 by Blue Peter
Going into hospital was created by Blue Peter
Hellow all,
I am going into hospital on Sunday ready for an operation on Monday morning. It will be a triple heart by-pass graft so I could be in for up to 2 weeks depending on how it goes as I also have asthma and diabetes II. According to the award letters and leaflets I received with my awards for DLA IB and IS, I must inform them of any change in circumstances, ie, going into hospital. My question is this: How long is it before it affects my benefits and do you need to tell them if you are in for shorter than this period? I have a time of 4 weeks in my head from some distant memory.
Regards Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27246 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:Going into hospital
See this link to the DirectGov website : Hospital stays and your benefits

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27247 by Blue Peter
Replied by Blue Peter on topic Re:Going into hospital
Thanks for the quick reply. I was right about the 4 weeks then regarding payments, but I obviously have to tell them when I go in and when I come out. My wife will ring on Monday and then on the day I come home.
Regards Peter

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27266 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:Going into hospital
Hello Peter
I wanted to wish you well for your op on Monday. My husband had the same op in Feb 2010,he also has asthma & diabetes,& was sent home 7 days after his op & has since made a full recovery.
Kind regards to you & your wife.
maggie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid