× Members

DLA reconsideration

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27368 by Iris7505
DLA reconsideration was created by Iris7505
At present I am trying to help my son's girlfriend. She has considerable mental health issues. I have managed to gain for her low rate mobility and care. However,the effect of her illness on her life is devastating. She is only 22 and my son has become a full time carer (he is also studying a course). There is a lot of background to this, but I am at present writing out DLA434 and i wondered if I could get some help in regard to- up to date- descriptors.I seem to be constantly repeating myself in the form!I have registered with B and W so can access the help journals, but which one would help most?
kind regards
Iris :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27382 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:DLA reconsideration
Hi Iris,

If you are asking for the award to be looked at again then I need to start by just saying, as always, that an award can be reduced instead of increased as a result of a supersession.

The current and previous DLA guides on mental health may both be useful. But in essence you need to give the same information you would give in relation to a standard claim and I'm afraid repeating yourself is just part of the process.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid