× Members

Work-related activity group

More
11 years 7 months ago #92210 by Shirluk2
Replied by Shirluk2 on topic Re:Work-related activity group
Question on voluntary work - my day care centre arranged for us to do voluntary work one or two days a month. I did two and half hours in the morning twice a month. We were never normally alone, always had someone with us from the centre. All we did was meet and greet people by opening a door by pressing a button to let them in. We crossed their names off a list as they arrived and let them out afterwards, again by pressing a button. After reading what was on these boards I stopped doing this before I was transferred to my new benefits - was I right to stop doing this, will it count as work and go against me if I had continued? Just want to put my mind at rest!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92212 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Work-related activity group
Worrly wrote:

Question on voluntary work - my day care centre arranged for us to do voluntary work one or two days a month. I did two and half hours in the morning twice a month. We were never normally alone, always had someone with us from the centre. All we did was meet and greet people by opening a door by pressing a button to let them in. We crossed their names off a list as they arrived and let them out afterwards, again by pressing a button. After reading what was on these boards I stopped doing this before I was transferred to my new benefits - was I right to stop doing this, will it count as work and go against me if I had continued? Just want to put my mind at rest!

Hi W,

Voluntary work is the topic of the thread below yours, here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=91597#91597

bro58

More
11 years 7 months ago #92215 by Shirluk2
Yes I know and that's what got me thinking of it again as my Voluntary work is a bit diffident as it was arranged by my disability day centre. Would that make a difference?

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92217 by bro58
Worrly wrote:

Yes I know and that's what got me thinking of it again as my Voluntary work is a bit diffident as it was arranged by my disability day centre. Would that make a difference?

Hi W,

See this extract : "only the DWP can confirm that the work you are intending to do meets the requirements for Permitted Work"

From this FAQ :

Permitted Work

It may be best if you discuss this with your disability day centre, and see whether they can liase with the DWP.

bro58

More
11 years 7 months ago #92218 by Shirluk2
Thank you for the link - after reading everything here and in that other post i think i did the right thing giving it up before I got new benefit. Thanks for the help :)

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92219 by bro58
Worrly wrote:

Thank you for the link - after reading everything here and in that other post i think i did the right thing giving it up before I got new benefit. Thanks for the help :)

You're most welcome W. :)

I hope you and Angelcake on the other thread understand that neither I, nor any of the other Mods could possibly tell either of you that any voluntary work that you may be thinking of taking part in, would be classed as "Permitted Work" by the DWP, for very obvious reasons.

Cheers. :)

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.