× Members

Work-related activity group

More
11 years 9 months ago #89470 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Work-related activity group
Worrly wrote:

Just back from seeing CAB am going ahead and appealing as I've nothing to lose as at the end of my 365 days are up I'll get no money at all as i live with my sister in our own home and she works full time so I cant claim Income related ESA so I'll have no money at all. now got to decide which one to go for - look at the decision again or appeal?

You might want to check your eligibility for Income Related ESA, as I am not sure that your sisters income or working hours are considered in regard the means test.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #89473 by Shirluk2
Replied by Shirluk2 on topic Re:Work-related activity group
First thank you for all your help - the person at
Citizens Advice told me i would not get any money as my sister is a non-dependant adult and lives with me!

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #89587 by Shirluk2
Have asked for every thing to be looked at again sent off the letter today will let you know how i get on!

Thanks for all your help

Shirl
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 8 months ago #90782 by Shirluk2
Just been to my first interview at my job centre after going though my details she said she was going to give me two Dvds that i should watch on how to get back to work and if i decided to do the course i had to be very sure i could attend all the course and it wouldn't be to much for me i then told her that I had put in appealed to be put in the support group and she said that we stop everything there and await the decision on that and she would phone me in around 4 weeks time and if i was still in the same group she send me the dvds - what i didnt ask her is would my money still be paid and if i decided not to do the course would my money still be paid! hope my questions make sense!

many thanks

More
11 years 8 months ago #90792 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Work-related activity group
Worrly wrote:

Just been to my first interview at my job centre after going though my details she said she was going to give me two Dvds that i should watch on how to get back to work and if i decided to do the course i had to be very sure i could attend all the course and it wouldn't be to much for me i then told her that I had put in appealed to be put in the support group and she said that we stop everything there and await the decision on that and she would phone me in around 4 weeks time and if i was still in the same group she send me the dvds - what i didnt ask her is would my money still be paid and if i decided not to do the course would my money still be paid! hope my questions make sense!

many thanks

There should be no reason why the postponement of this activity should effect your ESA payments.

You are required to participate in Work Related Activity whilst in the WRAG, although reasonable attention must be taken of your conditions with regard to what you are requested to do. Failing to do so, without Good Cause, can lead to the sanctioning of the WRAG component of your benefit, however, you should be given an opportunity to explain yourself first.

It's also important to note that appealing to be placed in the Support Group does not excuse you from Work Related Activity, although it does mean you should not be forwarded to the Work Programme.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 8 months ago #90794 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Work-related activity group
Worrly wrote:

i then told her that I had put in appealed to be put in the support group and she said that we stop everything there and await the decision on that and she would phone me in around 4 weeks time and if i was still in the same group she send me the dvds

Sounds as if she has no understanding of how long the appeal process is likely to take!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.