× Members

ESA50 Form & change to circumstances

More
8 years 3 months ago #148460 by mixman09
ESA50 Form & change to circumstances was created by mixman09
Hello,

I have a few of questions that I need answering about an upcoming ESA application.

1) Has the ESA Form changed since 2013 when I last applied? Have the questions changed or the way the DWP interpret answers changed?

2) My previous applications have been joint applications with my partner but my new application will not be a joint application. So is this treated as a change of circumstance or do I re-apply and that replaces the current joint application?

3) Is the process more difficult now than it was in 2013? I have no experience with Maximus and it seems the DWP just keep on moving the goal posts.

Thank you

Liam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148466 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 Form & change to circumstances
L

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Is this a new claim or a re-assessment? Your post suggests that is the latter, if your circumstances have changed (e.g. you have no partner) then you should have informed the DWP as soon as this happened.

If it is new claim, did you close your previous claim or were you found Fit for Work? If you were found FfW then you may have problems making a new claim.

The ESA50 has been revised several times since 2013 , the ESA Descriptors and Regulations were last updated in March 2013. There is an online version of the ESA50 that you can use. See

hhttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/421191/esa-50-capability-for-work-questionnaire.pdf

Notwithstanding the changes that I mentioned, the process is substantially the same as it was in 2013.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #148686 by mixman09
Replied by mixman09 on topic ESA50 Form & change to circumstances
I'm fine with my real name showing, thanks.

This would be my third or fourth assessment. My partner hasn't left yet but will be in February. I will tell the DWP when she leaves. I'm guessing that when I inform them that they will want me to reapply?

My current claim is in place and I'm not expecting to be asked to reapply until April. However my partner leaving me may bring that forward.

Ok, sounds like the ESA50 Forn and process hasn't changed since my last application.

Thank you

Liam

More
8 years 3 months ago #148694 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 Form & change to circumstances
LF

There are changes of circumstances, such as your partner coming off your claim that should not result in your claim being re-assessed and Changes of Circumstances, such as your conditions changing that may, however, this is not something that we can guarantee.

If your claim is expected to renew in April then I would expect a new ESA50 in March.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148775 by mixman09
Replied by mixman09 on topic ESA50 Form & change to circumstances
So I should inform them that my partner is leaving in February & then I may have to be re-assessed but they just wait couple of weeks as I'm being reassessed any way and my partner coming off the claim may not affect the claim. Have I understand you correctly?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148781 by

Liam Flanagan wrote: So I should inform them that my partner is leaving in February & then I may have to be re-assessed but they just wait couple of weeks as I'm being reassessed any way and my partner coming off the claim may not affect the claim. Have I understand you correctly?

Hi LF,

Gordon is saying that there are certain Changes of Circumstances (C of C) such as changes in your existing medical conditions and resulting limitations that you will report which will definitely result in your current ESA Award (WRAG or SG) being re-assessed, e.g. you would receive a fresh ESA50, etc, etc to see whether you still qualify for that group.

Then, there are other C of C that you may report pertinent to your financial and personal circumstances only, which may only result in your personal/financial situation being re-assessed, which is generally done by sending the claimant an ESA 3 Form to fill in and return.

Sample ESA 3 Form

There are some C of C that will be reported that will result in no further actions.

So, we cannot advise on "how" DWP may react when you report the C of C !

You must report any C of C that may affect your payments of ESA ASAP after they occur !

Regarding your expected ESA Re-assessment, see : This Topic

You can ring and check when your next re-assessment date is !!

Whenever it may be you can use The PDF ESA50, and you should always refer to our most current ESA Claims Guides.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 2nd & 3rd links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (aka CHDA, aka HAAS.)

As you may know, : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.