× Members

Home Visit by Capita

• Merlin Jones
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 weeks ago #156497 by Merlin Jones
Replied by Merlin Jones on topic Home Visit by Capita
Well today that dreaded brown envelope finally arrived. I have been awarded the basic care element at £55.10 a week. I'm sort of delighted, but once again they have missed the real me by a mile.

I'm getting loads of help with my incontinence (both), but it is hard work for me. I scored just two points on that one despite a myriad of real hard evidence.

Four points for mobility so nothing there.

Merlin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #156535 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home Visit by Capita

Merlin Jones wrote: Well today that dreaded brown envelope finally arrived. I have been awarded the basic care element at £55.10 a week. I'm sort of delighted, but once again they have missed the real me by a mile.

I'm getting loads of help with my incontinence (both), but it is hard work for me. I scored just two points on that one despite a myriad of real hard evidence.

Four points for mobility so nothing there.

Merlin

A somewhat restrained congratulations, have you looked at whether you could score the extra four points for an Enhanced Daily Living Award?

You might want to request a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, you can make the request over the phone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Merlin Jones

• Merlin Jones
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 weeks ago #156570 by Merlin Jones
Replied by Merlin Jones on topic Home Visit by Capita
I'm a bit worried if I ask them to reconsider I will lose my standard care award.

I genuinely think they are completely wrong, but fear 'rocking the boat.'

Merlin

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris