× Members

Home Visit by Capita

• Merlin Jones
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156497 by Merlin Jones
Replied by Merlin Jones on topic Home Visit by Capita
Well today that dreaded brown envelope finally arrived. I have been awarded the basic care element at £55.10 a week. I'm sort of delighted, but once again they have missed the real me by a mile.

I'm getting loads of help with my incontinence (both), but it is hard work for me. I scored just two points on that one despite a myriad of real hard evidence.

Four points for mobility so nothing there.

Merlin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156535 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home Visit by Capita

Merlin Jones wrote: Well today that dreaded brown envelope finally arrived. I have been awarded the basic care element at £55.10 a week. I'm sort of delighted, but once again they have missed the real me by a mile.

I'm getting loads of help with my incontinence (both), but it is hard work for me. I scored just two points on that one despite a myriad of real hard evidence.

Four points for mobility so nothing there.

Merlin

A somewhat restrained congratulations, have you looked at whether you could score the extra four points for an Enhanced Daily Living Award?

You might want to request a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, you can make the request over the phone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Merlin Jones

• Merlin Jones
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156570 by Merlin Jones
Replied by Merlin Jones on topic Home Visit by Capita
I'm a bit worried if I ask them to reconsider I will lose my standard care award.

I genuinely think they are completely wrong, but fear 'rocking the boat.'

Merlin

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.