× Members

ESA claim

More
6 years 9 months ago #194110 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: What should I say to the DWP ? They did not want to know earlier.

That's probably because they have not received you form back. The important thing is that the form has been received, if necessary refer them to paragraph 42472 of the Decision Makers Guide

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...e/614002/dmgch42.pdf

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #194153 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
Thanks, have read 42472.
1) When the DM goes to look at my case, will they know it has definitely been received if they have not had it back from Centre of Health and Disability , will they be able to see that it was received by Centre of Health and Disability. (do they have a screen where they can look at Maximus stuff)
2) I am waiting for a DM call back about something else, do you think I should mention my late ESA50 ? Or will this mean they can start to ask me if I have good cause because they may have no evidence it has been received if it is still travelling back from Maximus/Centre of Health and Disability
What do you think please

More
6 years 9 months ago #194169 by Gordon
Cruella

1. As Maximus received your ESA50, albeit late, then it should be included in your file when it is returned, so the DM should be aware that it has been received.

2. It can't hurt.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #194175 by Perdita
My GP on my last fit note put to 'indefinitely' . I checked with benefit enquiries and they said it is ok and I just need to know they count at as lasting a year. So I sent it. Now I have been told by benefit enquiries that they have received it but they cannot accept it because it has to have dates and is not allowed to say 'indefinitely'. So fed up with conflicting info. So I assume now I have to get another fit note done? Do you think the second benefit advisor saying you cannot have indefinitely but can have up to a year with a date is right?

More
6 years 9 months ago #194186 by Gordon
Cruella

We have had members send in indefinite Fit Notes without problem, but I know that the ESA system needs a date for the Fit Note to allow payment to happen, so the one year seems to be correct, however, it's moot if those processing the Note won't put it on the system in the first place. I don't think that you have any choice but to get a new Note, unless you want to escalate the problem to a manager.

Gordon

More
6 years 9 months ago #194193 by Perdita
Had a DM phone this afternoon who has told me my fit note is fine and it counts for six months, I told her the different things I had been told by benefit enquiries and she double checked and insisted 6 months. She was the DM from the office processing the claim. She said benefit enquiries would not know as much as she knows. So I cancelled the telephone appointment I had with GP to get fit note corrected. Now I am not sure again???

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.