× Members

ESA claim

More
5 years 3 months ago #224431 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim
Cruella

1. The return date is the date that it has to have been received by Maximus, so either of your options should be OK.

2. Yes, you should put a note on the ESA50 that there is evidence to follow, I can't guarantee that they will wait but there are considerable delays in the ESA assessment process so I doubt that it will be a problem.

3. The test is the majority of the time so if you are affected 98-100% of the time then I would say "never".

4. No, they won't ask you to attend, your SG award remains in payment until a new Decision is made following the reassessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224433 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
Thank you, my other doctor has done some updated letters regarding my mental health. He has literally redone the letters that he did eighteen months ago, the content of the letter - description of my difficulties- worded exactly the same but dated at the top with the current date, do you think that is okay?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224435 by Gordon
Cruella

I can't see why it would be a problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224438 by Perdita
Thank you.

Back to my GP letter that I am still waiting for, I asked my GP to do a letter stating to ESA my physical problems are still the same as described in her letter eighteen months ago. The letter is typed but awaiting her signature, so by the time it gets sent out to me I may have posted back the ESA form. I am debating whether just to send in her letter from last time though it is 18 months old. But feel it better to have an updated version because it may make it more likely that I get a paper based assessment, and it will show my problems are ongoing which may help give a longer award, But then I may find that if I put on the ESA form that more evidence is coming that my GPs updated letter may accidentally contain something not good for my case!!! I don't really want to not send the 18 month old letter at all in case they go ahead with the assessment rather than wait for the further evidence. So I guess I have to send the 18 month old letter anyway. Is it okay if my file ends up containing old and current doctor's letters with identical content in them?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224458 by Gordon
Cruella

I would avoid sending effectively duplicate letters as it undermines the information that they contain as it suggests that the GP has not paid proper attention to there production.

Also, a new letter is going to be better than an old one.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
5 years 3 months ago #224527 by Perdita
So best to avoid having more or less duplicate letters just with different dates(one dated 18 months ago and one with current date) within the same claim, as in these two letters going off with the current claim form. However, I assume it is okay to have a new letter within a current claim which is very similar to a letter sent 18 months ago with the original claim ??

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.