× Members

ESA claim

More
6 years 8 months ago #195589 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: so do i have to do a letter request?

No you can phone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #195610 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
Thanks . Have been told that I can use my buy to let money to go towards buying a home but keep getting different DWP responses as to whether I can receive ESA payments once buy to let money in my bank account whilst looking for a home. Told yes then no and then today yes again (today told by Cosham, previously told no by processing office of Plymouth), Today the advisor entered on my file that I can continue to get ESA payments as long as buy to let money goes untouched and I evidence I am looking for a home. She gave me the go ahead but if this is wrong and I do not stay in receipt of ESA payments then I will not be eligible for the shared ownership scheme and I will have blown it once I have let the buy to let sale complete. Help please

More
6 years 8 months ago #195617 by Gordon
Cruella

I've warned you before that this could be at the discretion of a Decision Maker.

All I can suggest is that you ask for confirmation in writing that the money will be disregarded.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 8 months ago #195619 by Perdita
I asked today for it to be put in writing and they said no. So I asked them to tell me word for word what they had entered on the file and wrote it down and took the name . I am tempted to act on this because if i ask again it might be a negative answer again. But I don't know! I get the impression that they will not commit in writing in advance of the event.

More
6 years 8 months ago #195621 by Gordon
Cruella

Do you really have any other options. I think this is a time that you need to be decisive about what you intend to do.

Gordon

More
6 years 8 months ago #195626 by Perdita
Yes, may have to just go for it. It is a shame that the positive response today was not actually from my claim processing centre but then this other office has entered the go ahead i need on my file. I am so close to completing this sale of the buy to let that it would be difficult to delay it to synchronise with a home purchase. Plus my landlord will be round soon to check my bank statements to see if i have enough money for the coming year. If i hang on and don t complete the buy to let sale shortly the landlord will see my poor bank balance and refuse to let me stay on. I apologise for not being more positive about my support group award, and want to thank you and your site for all the help, I would never have got to this successful point left on my own. Thank you .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris