× Members

Pip granted but only for 8 months

• coffeebeankat simmons
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153570 by coffeebeankat simmons
Pip granted but only for 8 months was created by coffeebeankat simmons
My sons DLA changed to pip as he turned 16, we have completed to forms and today a ketter arrived to co firm he has been granted PIP however it has only been dated until end Dec 2016. My son has suffered with his autism and emotional behavioural difficulties from a very early age and was diognised at age 7.
Should I appeal the decision based on the time given as hes condition is not likey to change, and the letter says that to claim it must be considered that you will suffer your disabilities for at keast 12 months.
The dla claims were always fro 3 years.
Appreciate any advuce please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153583 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip granted but only for 8 months

coffeebeankatsimmons wrote: My sons DLA changed to pip as he turned 16, we have completed to forms and today a ketter arrived to co firm he has been granted PIP however it has only been dated until end Dec 2016. My son has suffered with his autism and emotional behavioural difficulties from a very early age and was diognised at age 7.
Should I appeal the decision based on the time given as hes condition is not likey to change, and the letter says that to claim it must be considered that you will suffer your disabilities for at keast 12 months.
The dla claims were always fro 3 years.
Appreciate any advuce please.

Although the term of the award is part of the Decision and therefore is appealable, we are not aware of anybody who has successfully challenged this at either Mandatory Reconsideration or Appeal.

You will need to show that the end date is inappropriate based on your son's conditions, this may be difficult given the that this is first assessment for PIP and also the first time he has been assessed as an adult.

Even though you can request that just the term is looked at the DWP are routinely looking at the whole award when doing an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153587 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip granted but only for 8 months
I have deleted your duplicate topic so that any/all replies are kept in the same place. All posts on this forum are viewed and approved by a moderator before being made public so there will always be a delay before you see them.

Moderators guarantee to be on-line between 2-3.30 and 8-9.30 Mon - Fri but sometimes look in at other times. Even when we are officially open the delay will depend on how many (voluntary) mods are on-line and how busy we are. This is all explained in this topic which is usually near the top of the forum :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• coffeebeankat simmons
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153620 by coffeebeankat simmons
Replied by coffeebeankat simmons on topic Pip granted but only for 8 months
thanks fro your reply, im happy for the dwp to do a assessment on the whole award as i really dont feel that 8 months of an award is fair as the stress the form causes is bad enough.
how do i ask them to look at it again as there is no information in the letter ?
thanks

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153631 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip granted but only for 8 months

coffeebeankatsimmons wrote: thanks fro your reply, im happy for the dwp to do a assessment on the whole award as i really dont feel that 8 months of an award is fair as the stress the form causes is bad enough.
how do i ask them to look at it again as there is no information in the letter ?
thanks

Hi cbks,

See the following generic PIP MR/Appeals advice :

You have one month from the date of the PIP Decision Notice letter to make a written request for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of the PIP decision.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

You could also ring the PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

To request a copy of The PA4 PIP Medical Report compiled by the PIP Assessor at your face to face and sent to The DWP PIP DM to be used when the DM came to their decision.

If you have any problems obtaining The PA4 with a verbal request, you can make a written request which should be done as a separate issue to any MR request :

You can do this using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

You should not miss your one month deadline if The PA4 or any other supporting evidence that you may be awaiting has not arrived.

You can make comment that you have requested this and will submit further evidence if applicable when you receive it.

Once you have The PA4, you can then pose any counter arguments to the PIP Assessors recommendations.

e.g. If they are stating that you can carry out a particular PIP Activity, has it been taken into account that to be classed as being able to carry out a PIP Activity, you must be able to do so Reliably and Safely for The Majority of Days

If the Assessor has stated that they witnessed you Walking a set distance have they taken into account the above, the time it took you to do so, and any pain, discomfort and breathless, etc that you may have suffered whilst doing so ? etc, etc, etc !!

You should be aware that when you request an MR, any current PIP Awards, Daily Living and/or Mobility, that you might have, can be increased, reduced or taken away altogether, as they will look at the whole PIP Awards afresh.

Obviously if you have no current PIP Award, there is no risk involved.

See : PIP MR/Appeals Guidance.

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

Once you have gone through The MR Process, if you are still unsuccessful, you have one month from the date of The MR Decision Notice Letter to appeal directly to The Tribunal Service. (TS)

You should do this using one copy of The MR Notice letter (keep the othercopy) and the : SSCS 1 Form (Download Link)

All this is explained in our PIP Appeals Guidance

You should concentrate on reiterating where and why you should have scored the extra points with respect to the applicable PIP Activities and the appropriate scoring PIP Descriptor for that Activity, whilst cross-referencing to any medical evidence that you have, or may have already provided which indicates that you should have.

See also : PIP Self Test

PIP Points Scoring System

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• coffeebeankat simmons
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153678 by coffeebeankat simmons
Replied by coffeebeankat simmons on topic Pip granted but only for 8 months
thanks for your detailed reply, is it possible for me to get a medical report if they formed a decision on a paper based review? what would i need to request in this case?

thanks

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.