× Members

ESA113 not received by GP

More
8 years 2 months ago #156740 by Speedwayfreak
ESA113 not received by GP was created by Speedwayfreak
I'm getting so stressed out at the moment about this form. I sent my ESA50 form and phoned up to find out what progress had been made about a month and a half later. The decision had come through this quickly the last time so I wanted to check all was well. I got in touch using the 0800 288 8777 number I was finally given after a couple of abortive calls.

It was just as well I had because I was told that they had sent out a medical information form to my GP three days after the date my form was due in (25th Feb) and have not had a reply. My husband got in touch with my GP and they had received nothing from the DWP. I explained that my GP hadn't had the letter and was told that they would get another one sent out.

I phoned again a fortnight later, because my GP still hadn't had anything through. This time I was told that they would fax a copy through within the next 24 hours because it was now very late. They even said could we ask my GP to fax it back by return!

Waited a couple of days, still no form so I phoned yet again. Was told this time that they would email head office to find out what was going on. They said that someone would phone me back to let me know what was happening. That was 14th April and still nothing has arrived at my GP and I haven't received a phone call from anyone.

I really don't know what more I can do, it is utterly ridiculous and to be honest I don't know why they reckon they haven't got enough information anyway. I've had the condition since 2005, sent them every letter from my Consultant together with all manner of extra information about how my condition affects me and supporting evidence. I can only shuffle along in the arms of my husband for a few feet, can't get out of my chair unaided and he has to accompany me everywhere because he has to get the wheelchair out of the car, put it together for me, than help me get from the car into it and vice versa. I have outlined in detail how the condition has totally compromised my mobility. What other information could they possibly want?

I also queried why they were writing to my GP because he doesn't deal with my CRPS at all, that is solely managed by my Pain Consultant who I see every six months. All my GP does is prescribe what he's told to! Looking at the 113 form I don't see how my GP can meaningfully fill this in as he rarely sees me. My husband generally makes appointments about other things and goes to see him on my behalf. I was told that they can only write to the GP, not my Consultant. What's the point of asking for his details then?

Help! What do I do next, what are my options and who can I get in touch with that will actually be able to answer my questions and have proper information in front of them?
Thanks in advance....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #156758 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA113 not received by GP
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

What a worry this must all be for you!

The assessment provider rarely contacts the GP but they obviously believe they need some sort of information. I can only suggest 2 things, you can do either or both as you wish -

Firstly, you can contact DWP again and ask for a 'call back' from a manager. The people who answer the phone are often poorly trained and give out incorrect information. A manager might have a better idea of what is actually happening! I suggest that you phone early in the day as you might have to wait a few hours for the call back.

Secondly, your MP might be able to speed up the process. Although they can/should not influence the final decision, they can be good at sorting out procedural problems.

Contacting your MP

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 2 months ago #156777 by Speedwayfreak
Replied by Speedwayfreak on topic ESA113 not received by GP
Hi there,
I have changed my forum name, hadn't looked at the profile prior to posting, oops!

Thanks for the reply. I got in touch with them again, and asked for the phone number at Head Office. Didn't trust that someone would phone me back after the last time. After a long hold I was given a number which I duly rang. Spoke to a chap who was sympathetic and asked for my GP's fax number again as it hadn't made it on to the system. He is faxing a copy today, so fingers crossed it will arrive this time. He has also updated the notes which is an advance at least I guess.

I find it really concerning that they want extra information, because I basically sent the same info as in the 2013 application with extra because my condition has spread to other areas since my last application. It was in both lower legs and has spread to my upper arms. In terms of my mobility it is worse than 2013, so if my application sailed through last time, why not this? I have letters from my Consultant which confirm the diagnosis again and again and I clearly stated that my GP doesn't deal with my condition (CRPS). I've had it over ten years and there is no cure. Why do they put us through this, when living is hard enough in itself!!

Will update when I know whether the form is received or not. The MP suggestion is a very good one, and not something which had occurred to me. I will head down that road if needs be.

Fingers crossed.....

More
8 years 1 month ago #157058 by Speedwayfreak
Update - still nothing received by my GP.
I phoned again and apparently they did fax the form to my GP that day (19/4) but it didn't go through. Yet again I have been told that they will fax it again, and if it doesn't go through this time, they will send another one out by post.

I do wonder whether they would have done anything else had I not phoned again. Absolutely shambolic.... But so stressful for me!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 1 month ago #157147 by Speedwayfreak
I had another brown envelope through the door today. It was the letter telling me that my DLA is ending and I need to apply for PIP. This is on top of the ESA renewal (my GP still hasn't got the medical form, hopefully it will arrive in the post soon).

I have phoned up and done the initial claim, having read the relevant section in your PIP guide, so the process has started. My concern is having two claims going on at the same time. Will they use my ESA information as they only had that in mid February? Do I have to copy all of that over to PIP. Could I potentially have two assessments? Not that I can travel more than about 15 miles because it exacerbates my condition.

I guess I'm wondering what the implications are, especially as this will be a new claim. I was awarded indefinite higher mobility/higher care DLA in 2014 when it was last renewed. I suppose that will have no bearing on PIP?
Thanks in advance....

More
8 years 1 month ago #157161 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA113 not received by GP

Speedwayfreak wrote: I had another brown envelope through the door today. It was the letter telling me that my DLA is ending and I need to apply for PIP. This is on top of the ESA renewal (my GP still hasn't got the medical form, hopefully it will arrive in the post soon).

I have phoned up and done the initial claim, having read the relevant section in your PIP guide, so the process has started. My concern is having two claims going on at the same time. Will they use my ESA information as they only had that in mid February? Do I have to copy all of that over to PIP. Could I potentially have two assessments? Not that I can travel more than about 15 miles because it exacerbates my condition.

I guess I'm wondering what the implications are, especially as this will be a new claim. I was awarded indefinite higher mobility/higher care DLA in 2014 when it was last renewed. I suppose that will have no bearing on PIP?
Thanks in advance....

PIP and ESA are separate benefits even where there are areas of overlap the criteria can remain quite different, so you cannot simply take the answers from your ESA50 form and transfer them to the PIP form.

The PIP2 must be completed from scratch, you may be able to re-use paragraphs but it is essential that you address the PIP criteria to have your award renewed.

You may not need two face to face assessments, but a PIP assessment cannot be used for ESA and vice versa.

PIP has different criteria from DLA and a significantly different assessment approach.

You should refer to the PIP Claim guide for more information

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Speedwayfreak

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.