× Members

Too ill to attend PIP assessment=DLA disallowed

More
8 years 2 days ago #158204 by Kerry
I had an indefinite award of DLA and received the form to switch to PIP early this year. I sent this off and received an assessment date for an appointment in Sheffield-I live in Salford, Manchester! I had this changed to an appointment in Salford on the 15th March. I was up most of the night before with a vomiting bug. A friend phoned them first thing to inform them. Even though it has been explained to them in the simplest form that it was a 24 hour bug, you can't physically get down to a doctors while vomiting and a doctors surgery would tell you not to attend anyway they have informed me today that they have disallowed my DLa and will not send me for a PIP assessment.
Has anyone got any experience or advice on this please?
Thank you xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 days ago #158218 by Gordon

Kerry wrote: I had an indefinite award of DLA and received the form to switch to PIP early this year. I sent this off and received an assessment date for an appointment in Sheffield-I live in Salford, Manchester! I had this changed to an appointment in Salford on the 15th March. I was up most of the night before with a vomiting bug. A friend phoned them first thing to inform them. Even though it has been explained to them in the simplest form that it was a 24 hour bug, you can't physically get down to a doctors while vomiting and a doctors surgery would tell you not to attend anyway they have informed me today that they have disallowed my DLa and will not send me for a PIP assessment.
Has anyone got any experience or advice on this please?
Thank you xx

I'm afraid claimants are only allowed two opportunities to attend a PIP assessment, before the Assessment Provider will return your file to the DWP.

You can request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the Decision to close your PIP claim but without medical evidence that you were sick on the day, I think you will struggle to convince them to overturn the Decision. Did you contact your GP surgery on the day, they might have a record of the call?

You can try involving your MP, sometimes they can make a difference to how the DWP treat these situations.

Contacting your MP

Failing that you can make a new claim for PIP, but your DLA will only be reinstated if you overturn this Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris