× Members

Arthritis

More
7 years 9 months ago #162626 by scratchgolfer
Arthritis was created by scratchgolfer
Hi Team

Having suffered with arthritis for a good few years and just about still managing to work, have spent the last 2 Months off work with a real bad flare up, so much so i applied for a blue badge and this was granted without a medical!!
I applied for PIP, had the "interview" and waiting for the verdict, but for info the nurse put me down to only be able to walk 1 meter without severe pain.

I am shortly due to return to work, the main car park with first come first served disabled bays are approx 200 - 300 yards away, we also have about 15 car park spaces outside our office which only has 1 disabled bay and i have been told that i cannot park here and have to use the main car park. this is because a manager could not find a space so the whole world has had to suffer.
As it is on private land, they told me blue badges dont apply for priority parking.

My gut feeling is that the company are refusing a "reasonable adjustment" with my now disability, which is only going to get worse.

Any advice anyone??

Scratchgolfer........someone who used to play golf badly who has Psoriasis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162639 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Arthritis
Hi SG and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm glad your face2face assessment went well. PIP decisions are currently taking around 8 weeks once the f2f has been completed.

It is correct that blue badges don't carry any weight on private land. However, you are right in saying that your employer should be making reasonable adjustments for your disability.

You should put your request for a suitable parking space in writing and sent it to whomever is the most appropriate (this will partly depend on the size of your company). Use the specific words 'reasonable adjustment' and explain, briefly, why you need this and why you believe it is reasonable.

In addition, if you have a union it will be worth speaking to your rep.

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to come back and tell us how you get on without having to start a new topic :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scratchgolfer

More
7 years 9 months ago #162666 by scratchgolfer
Replied by scratchgolfer on topic Arthritis
Thanks Mrs HB

Quick update, had a text this morning from DWP stating I qualify for PIP, however they have not said at which rate
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 9 months ago #162680 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Arthritis
Hi SG,

These texts seem to be quite common at the moment. Hopefully it makes the wait for the decision letter a little less anxious for you :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162958 by scratchgolfer
Replied by scratchgolfer on topic Arthritis
Hi all
Good news following the excellent guides and information on this site, have now been awarded high rate motability and standard rate for care,

Once again many thanks and keep up the good work.

SG

More
7 years 9 months ago #163016 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Arthritis

scratchgolfer wrote: Hi all
Good news following the excellent guides and information on this site, have now been awarded high rate motability and standard rate for care,

Once again many thanks and keep up the good work.

SG

Glad to hear that you have got an award you are happy with, well done.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.