× Members

Home visit assessment for PIP

More
7 years 9 months ago #164309 by stevelinda3
Home visit assessment for PIP was created by stevelinda3
I have just had my PIP form come through I filled it in as per the guides and had a letter today saying to complete my assessment they are going to assess me at home in 3 weeks. Has happened to anyone else

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164334 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home visit assessment for PIP

Lefty wrote: I have just had my PIP form come through I filled it in as per the guides and had a letter today saying to complete my assessment they are going to assess me at home in 3 weeks. Has happened to anyone else

The majority of PIP claimants have a face to face assessment, have a look at the PIP Claim guide, there is a section at the back that covers the assessment and the questions that you are likely to be asked.

Members have compiled a list of "trick" questions that they have received. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=110214

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosemary Adaser, Jul

More
7 years 9 months ago #164337 by ploppy
Replied by ploppy on topic Home visit assessment for PIP
Hi,
I asked for a home assessment as I knew I could never make it to any centre. After filling in the form about 3 weeks later I received a phone call late afternoon to say they were coming the next day, morning!
I was so shocked as no warning but then again I was glad to get it out the way so quickly. It didn't make any difference anyway, I had nothing to hide.
He arrived in the morning, I was in my usual amount of pain and was lying on the settee as I always do. He was very nice, asked a few questions regarding my medication, if I ate whilst on the settee and a couple more questions then said Thankyou, not to worry about anything, he's seen what he needed and left. He didn't ask me to do anything thank goodness, infact I didn't move, he was here about 20mins. I don't know if that's good or bad, last time they had me jumping over hoops which resulted in me screaming in agony shouting for help, it was terrible, they nearly killed me.
I'm still waiting for the results!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Jul

More
7 years 9 months ago #164341 by Jul
Replied by Jul on topic Home visit assessment for PIP
Hi,
I asked for a home visit which was denied. Then it turned out nobody could accompany/take me to the assessment centre. I rang ATOS in mental torment and spoke to a man who was really very helpful. I told him I couldn't get to the centre. He asked me some basic questions and said he was putting in a request for a home visit and I would hear in writing in a few days. I got a letter a few days later, just as he said, and am having a home assessment on August 8.

I'm very anxious about it. I have mental and physical health problems. One of them is interacting socially with strangers, which the assessor will be. But I don't have anyone available to be with me during the assessment in my flat. Will this go against me, do you think? It's nothing I can change but I am overwhelmed by distress at dealing with strangers so will not having someone there lessen my claim? It seems out of my hands but if anyone's had a similar situation or any advice it would be very welcome. Thank you.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164348 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Home visit assessment for PIP
Hi Julie,

If you can't change the situation, then that is how it must be. Have a read through the PIP guide again, it explains what to expect at the assessment. 'Ploppy' has also related how her assessment was conducted so you might find that reassuring.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164395 by Jul
Replied by Jul on topic Home visit assessment for PIP
Thanks Mrs Hurtyback. Think I'll just leave things as they are or I'll end up causing myself more stress. Ploppy's post is indeed helpful. Any ideas why my full name's showing up here instead of my anonymous user name?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.