× Members

PIP Paper Appeal

More
7 years 9 months ago #164476 by M11GEGSAFC
PIP Paper Appeal was created by M11GEGSAFC
Good afternoon to you all

I have a question which I am hoping someone may be able to answer for me.

I have claimed PIP for my son and was refused it, I did a Mandatory Reconsideration and again was refused it so I have now gone to Appeal and sent all my evidence in. I have also received from the courts a copy of the DWP's response to my Paper Appeal and consequently I have written back to the courts picking apart all the reasons for why the DWP are wrong in the decision they made.....now my question is how long does it take roughly for the courts to make a decision.....or does it depend on where you live etc....?

Many thanks in advance for any information that anyone can give me.

M11GEGSAFC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164506 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Paper Appeal

M11GEGSAFC wrote: Good afternoon to you all

I have a question which I am hoping someone may be able to answer for me.

I have claimed PIP for my son and was refused it, I did a Mandatory Reconsideration and again was refused it so I have now gone to Appeal and sent all my evidence in. I have also received from the courts a copy of the DWP's response to my Paper Appeal and consequently I have written back to the courts picking apart all the reasons for why the DWP are wrong in the decision they made.....now my question is how long does it take roughly for the courts to make a decision.....or does it depend on where you live etc....?

Many thanks in advance for any information that anyone can give me.

M11GEGSAFC

Did you ask for an Oral appeal that you and your son would attend or a Paper one that you do not?

A Paper appeal could be heard in 1-2 months an Oral one is more likely to be 2-3 months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164541 by M11GEGSAFC
Replied by M11GEGSAFC on topic PIP Paper Appeal
To Gordon

I did say it is a paper appeal but you have answered my question anyway. Thank you.

Many thanks
M11GEGSAFC

More
7 years 8 months ago #167051 by M11GEGSAFC
Hi Gordon
I requested a Paper Appeal at the Tribunal for my son.
I have now sent for the "reasons for their decision" from the Tribunal to still not award PIP to my son.
He was given 6 points by the DWP initially and so I thought with all the additional information the Tribunal was sent they would have overturned the DWP's decicsion.

Many thanks
M11GEGSAFC

More
7 years 8 months ago #167096 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Paper Appeal
Are you saying that the Tribunal decision went against your son? :(

Even if you find an Error of Law and are given permission to take this further, it could take a long time. Is your son going to reapply for PIP meanwhile?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167521 by M11GEGSAFC
;) Hi Mrs Hurtyback

Yes the Tribunal went in favour of the DWP... even though the DWP awarded my son 6 points and he did not have the invitation to attend an assessment.

How would my son be able to reapply for PIP whilst the initial claim is still not resolved...?

Could you give me an example of "an Error of Law" please.

I look forward to hearing back from you as soon as you are able to respond.

Please accept my apologies if you have received this response already from me.
I thought I had messaged back but I can not find a trace of my message anywhere and so I am assuming I did not actually send it.

Many thanks
M11GEGSAFC

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.