× Members

can I tax a car at the post office with std PIP

More
7 years 8 months ago #166207 by Gordon

susieb wrote: Going round in circles, can anyone tell me if I have to change the Taxation Class on the V10 or V5C. Tried asking DVLA but getting conflicting information, I have even involved my MP!

It's a long time since I did it but as I remember it, the car needs to be registered as for use by a disabled driver which meant sending the documentation off to the DVLA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166209 by slugsta
I have gone from HRM DLA to standard PIP. The Post Office staff said that I need a special form from DWP, not the decision letter, and send that to DVLA with my V5 and payment. DWP said I don't need a special form from them but have to send V5, V10 and decision letter to DVLA.

I actually taxed my car for a year (it was only £30) so that it was legally on the road and will sort things out before it is due for renewal!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris