× Members

can I tax a car at the post office with std PIP

More
7 years 8 months ago #166207 by Gordon

susieb wrote: Going round in circles, can anyone tell me if I have to change the Taxation Class on the V10 or V5C. Tried asking DVLA but getting conflicting information, I have even involved my MP!

It's a long time since I did it but as I remember it, the car needs to be registered as for use by a disabled driver which meant sending the documentation off to the DVLA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166209 by slugsta
I have gone from HRM DLA to standard PIP. The Post Office staff said that I need a special form from DWP, not the decision letter, and send that to DVLA with my V5 and payment. DWP said I don't need a special form from them but have to send V5, V10 and decision letter to DVLA.

I actually taxed my car for a year (it was only £30) so that it was legally on the road and will sort things out before it is due for renewal!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.