× Members

Face to Face Assessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #165581 by gci01
Face to Face Assessment was created by gci01
:sick: As I am 99% housebound I requested a home assessment. I received a letter today from ATOS giving me an appointment at a centre 15 minutes away (their timing more like 20-30 mins.real time). I have rung and told them that I cannot sit to travel that far and again request a home visit. The young man (Liam) said these are only for housebound people; however he has cancelled this appointment and re-presented my request for a home visit; he said I should receive a letter within 7-10 days giving their decision.

What do you think my chances are and is there anything else I should do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #165600 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Face to Face Assessment
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Have you submitted a letter from your GP in support for your request for a home assessment? In our experience, you are much less likely to get one without it.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gci01

More
7 years 9 months ago #165625 by gci01
Replied by gci01 on topic Face to Face Assessment
I will ring and ask if this possible but I haven't actually seen my GP fr over two years; I have a home visit for medical reviews etc and the district nurse calls for all other requirements. I did put all this in my form.

More
7 years 9 months ago #165766 by gci01
Replied by gci01 on topic Face to Face Assessment
I received a letter today from ATOS saying I had been granted a home visit and they would contact me when an appointment is available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris