× Members

Which Benefit Might I be Entitled To???

More
7 years 6 months ago #171123 by Jan Bowers
Which Benefit Might I be Entitled To??? was created by Jan Bowers
Hi. I am already in receipt of DLA, higher rate mobility, lower rate carers. I have just recently been diagnosed with Cervical Spondylosis (Osteoarthritis of the spine) which is causing me excruciating headaches, nausea and spine pain. Some days I can cope with this and can function to a degree other days I am unable to do anything or even leave the house. I am unable to hold down a job because my health is unpredictable. I lost a temporary job just last week because the day I was due to start I had awful headaches, neck pain and sickness. My dilemma is this, I don't see the point of signing up for Job Seekers as I cannot commit to a job but having looked at the ESA route on a "Bad Day" my symptoms would possibly score highly but on other days I would not score at all. Please can anyone suggest what I can do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #171147 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Which Benefit Might I be Entitled To???
Hi Nanna and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that you are having such trouble with your health.

All I can suggest is that you have a good look at our ESA guide and see whether you think you might qualify after all.

ESA claims and appeals

Other than that, try putting your figures into a site just as 'turn2us' to see if there is anything else you might be eligible for.

www.turn2us.org.uk/

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris