× Members

Unpaid work experience in ESA support group

More
7 years 6 months ago #171632 by Pete
I've been offered unpaid work experience and am in thew ESA support group. I really want to take the opportunity but am worried that the DWP might try and stop my payments. It will be 10-15 hours a week. Is this a change of circumstances that I must let the DWP know of? And if so would I need to request a PW1 form? On the PW1 forms that I have seen floating around on the internet it talks about 'paid work' and what I have been offered is unpaid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #171684 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Unpaid work experience in ESA support group

Pete wrote: I've been offered unpaid work experience and am in thew ESA support group. I really want to take the opportunity but am worried that the DWP might try and stop my payments. It will be 10-15 hours a week. Is this a change of circumstances that I must let the DWP know of? And if so would I need to request a PW1 form? On the PW1 forms that I have seen floating around on the internet it talks about 'paid work' and what I have been offered is unpaid.

Yes you need to ask for a PW1 form, although it is not paid work, from your explanation it is not voluntary work so you need to cover yourself. Starting PW should not be treated as a Change of Circumstances.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris