× Members

PIP and claimant reporting Significant Functional

More
7 years 5 months ago #172564 by J The Divine B
Would appreciate swift response/comments/observations from moderator as I have PIP face to face in three days time..

A friend has had identical experience recently. In migration last year from DLA to PIP where the daily living rate remained the same but lost motability car albeit got lower rate mobility, the Atos consultation Report form PA4 stated in each and every one of the 12 Activities in the Questionnaire "The claimant did not report significant functional problems with this activity."

This was baloney!
Abundant and robust medical evidence was supplied to justify Substantial/significant functional problems in at least four activities. Of course it did not help when one found out that DWP having refused twice to respond to recorded delivery requests to confirm that they supplied all the identified medical evidence to Atos, it came to light that 94 of 134 medical documents from A&A and consultants and GP and counsellors and community adult services were not scanned by DWP and therefore not sent to Atos.

Seems that one has to tick/clearly indicate that one has the highest category of functional problems in each activity i.e., to succeed in descriptor "g" for Washing and Bathing, Cannot wash and bathe at all...

What has to be proven to get Significant functional problem categorisation? Such a situation obviously affects many claimants and i will ensure to highlight at face to face whichever activities are significant functional problems.

SECONDLY, I have another 10 GP and A&E and hospital and consultant reports just in the last month alone ---after sending in my PIP questionnaire, and I am handing them over to the HCP at assessment and demanding signature of receipt and that they be looked at prior to face to face and must be taken into consideration in Atos report.
Any observations/guidelines please?

Thanks for all the great work you moderators do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172595 by Gordon
J

Whilst I am not inviting a debate on the matter, the system is flawed. Sometimes assessors misrepresent the claimants situation on the assessment report and sometimes they make mistakes when completing the report.

I wish that I has solutions to these issues but I don't all I can do is offer advise on minimising the risks and dealing with the issues when they occur.

So, indicating that you have a higher level of disability than you actually have is not a winning strategy it just undermines your credibility as a witness to your limitations.

If evidence is missed then all you can do is make the Decision Maker aware of what has happened and provide them with a copy.

You are entitled to ask the assessor to read and include in your file any new evidence that you wish them to consider. I don't know whether they will sign a receipt for the papers.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.