× Members

Pip- do not give up fighting ! - and backoay

More
7 years 4 months ago #176902 by Ellen
I originally applied for pip in sept 2015 ( OCD, severe anorexia and ASD). After going through two tribunals /appeals ( the first one was set aside because of an error law, this week I got my appeal upheld. It's been hard work ( no welfare advisor or cab to help).

So anyone who is frighting with the dwp - don't give up!

My question is will my pip be back dated to back in sept 2015 when I originally made the claim ?
Abby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176929 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip- do not give up fighting ! - and backoay
Hi abby,

Well done for sticking with this until you got the result you deserve!

If this was a new claim, it will be backdated to the day it was initiated. If it was a transfer from DLA, it will be backdated to the day after the DLA stopped.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ellen

More
7 years 4 months ago #176944 by Ellen
Thanks - I couldn't have done it without the help I got on here. ( and Gorgon putting up with my endless questions !)

More
7 years 4 months ago #176960 by Ellen
Am I allowed to ask for a statement of reasons from the Tribunal even though I won? Or is that a bad idea

More
7 years 4 months ago #177001 by Gordon

abby wrote: Am I allowed to ask for a statement of reasons from the Tribunal even though I won? Or is that a bad idea

I would not make the request, asking for a SoR is the first stage to challenging the Tribunal's Decision, the DWP will also receive a copy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 4 months ago #177040 by Ellen
Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris