× Members

Pip- do not give up fighting ! - and backoay

More
7 years 4 months ago #176902 by Ellen
I originally applied for pip in sept 2015 ( OCD, severe anorexia and ASD). After going through two tribunals /appeals ( the first one was set aside because of an error law, this week I got my appeal upheld. It's been hard work ( no welfare advisor or cab to help).

So anyone who is frighting with the dwp - don't give up!

My question is will my pip be back dated to back in sept 2015 when I originally made the claim ?
Abby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176929 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip- do not give up fighting ! - and backoay
Hi abby,

Well done for sticking with this until you got the result you deserve!

If this was a new claim, it will be backdated to the day it was initiated. If it was a transfer from DLA, it will be backdated to the day after the DLA stopped.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ellen

More
7 years 4 months ago #176944 by Ellen
Thanks - I couldn't have done it without the help I got on here. ( and Gorgon putting up with my endless questions !)

More
7 years 4 months ago #176960 by Ellen
Am I allowed to ask for a statement of reasons from the Tribunal even though I won? Or is that a bad idea

More
7 years 4 months ago #177001 by Gordon

abby wrote: Am I allowed to ask for a statement of reasons from the Tribunal even though I won? Or is that a bad idea

I would not make the request, asking for a SoR is the first stage to challenging the Tribunal's Decision, the DWP will also receive a copy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 4 months ago #177040 by Ellen
Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.