× Members

PIP Manditory consideration notiice not changed.

More
7 years 4 months ago #178838 by JB
Hi can anyone help, I have my PIP mandatory consideration result n it did not change from the first award which is standard on living and mobility .Thimking of going for the appeal at the tribunal but worried if I will loose the present award at the tribunal.and can I ask my friend to represent me at the tribunal as I would not be able to attend due to my illness. My friend doesn't have any knoledge about social security guid lines. And what are the chances of decision to be changed to enhance award.. Please some one in the forum advice as I was higher rate on DLA
N now I have to hand my mobility vehicle and with out vehicle I m going to be housebound.and I cannot afford to purchase the vehicle from mobility scheme .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #178849 by Gordon
JB

A Tribunal should tell you if your current award is in danger so that you can withdraw your appeal.

I'm afraid I think it unlikely that your friend will be allowed to represent you in this way, you would certainly need the permission of the Judge of your hearing in advance. If you cannot attend then you really need to think about opting for a Paper hearing that you don't have to attend.

Whether you have a realistic prospect of an Enhanced award will depend on your meeting the criteria for one, I'm afraid I can't give you any idea of whether this would be the case on the information you have supplied.

If you want to appeal have a look at the PIP Appeal guide, it has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and instructions on how to complete it.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 4 months ago #178917 by JB
Thanks Gorden,
What is the difference between attending the tribunal n paper hearing.what r the success rate on paper hearing..?r there any chance that I might loose present awards.
I suffer from sewere COPD.
Please any help from anyone.

More
7 years 4 months ago #178925 by Gordon
JB

The success rate for PIP appeals (all) is about 60%, statistically the success rate for a hearing you attend is significantly higher than that for one that is just done on the papers, you could be four time more likely to receive an award if you attend, however, this needs to be balanced against issues that would prevent you attending such as Agoraphobia or Social Anxiety, where your doing so may diminish your arguments.

As I said in my previous post, the panel are required to tell the candidate if there is a risk to their current award so that they can withdraw their appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 4 months ago #178927 by JB
Thanks,
Can I ask someone to represent me at the tribunal?

More
7 years 4 months ago #178928 by Gordon

JB wrote: Thanks,
Can I ask someone to represent me at the tribunal?

I answered this in a previous post :(

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.