× Members

DLA to PIP

More
7 years 3 months ago #181277 by Lou1975
DLA to PIP was created by Lou1975
Hi

My daughter who has a severe learning disability is moving form DLA to PIP . I have sent off the form which i completed with the help of guides two weeks ago . My daughter currently receives high rate care and motorbility

I rang this morning to check to check they had received the form and they said they had and that she will be sent an appointment for a medical as everyone has a medial

Is that they case everyone now has a medical ? I know people who haven't ?

I sent of lots and lots of supporting evidence care plan , educational psychology report, speech and language report etc .

She also receives ESA and we didn't have a medical for that . Feeling anxious
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #181341 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Mum

About 90% of PIP claimants have to have a face to face, a paper assessment can only be done if there is sufficient information in and with the PIP2 for the Assessment Provider to make a recommendation to the DWP without one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #181355 by Lou1975
Replied by Lou1975 on topic DLA to PIP
Ok thanks Gordon

More
7 years 2 months ago #183193 by Lou1975
Hi Gordon

Just a update .

I have rang the DWP as I still haven't heard anything in relation to a date for the medical for my daughter . They advised that ATOS are dealing with it and they gave me a number.
I have spoke with them and they have advised that they are still looking at all the information and it hasnt been decided yet if a face to face medical is needed .

my daughters friend who also has learning disabilities has just recently had their Assesment and was advised by the assessor that the appointment had been a waste of his time as clearly the person isn't independent in any way and that it hadn't been nessecssy for a face to face medical .
I very anxious about the whole thing but my disabled daughter is blissfully unaware and I guess that's the main thing
Thanks for all your help
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 2 months ago #184288 by Lou1975
Hi Gordon

I received a letter from the DWP saying that the previous information held from the DLA claim is no longer available as i had asked them to use it for the PIP claim . The letter has asked me to provide more health information even though i have supplied 11 recent reports,

I called the DWP and spoke with a decision maker who was unsure why i had received the letter but told me to send in all the old health information in if i had copies which i do have.

I then spoke to ATOS who have advised me that they have been able to do a paper based assesment and advised that thier report is ready to be sent offto the DWP. When i told her about the letter i had received she told me not to bother sending anything else in as the assesment has been completed .

DO you think I should send it in anyway Gordon ?

Thanks

More
7 years 1 month ago #184333 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
mum

I would send it to the DWP marked for the attention of the Decision/Claims manager, they can then decide whether they need to get further medical advice from ATOS about it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris