× Members

DLA to PIP

More
7 years 2 months ago #181277 by Lou1975
DLA to PIP was created by Lou1975
Hi

My daughter who has a severe learning disability is moving form DLA to PIP . I have sent off the form which i completed with the help of guides two weeks ago . My daughter currently receives high rate care and motorbility

I rang this morning to check to check they had received the form and they said they had and that she will be sent an appointment for a medical as everyone has a medial

Is that they case everyone now has a medical ? I know people who haven't ?

I sent of lots and lots of supporting evidence care plan , educational psychology report, speech and language report etc .

She also receives ESA and we didn't have a medical for that . Feeling anxious
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #181341 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Mum

About 90% of PIP claimants have to have a face to face, a paper assessment can only be done if there is sufficient information in and with the PIP2 for the Assessment Provider to make a recommendation to the DWP without one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #181355 by Lou1975
Replied by Lou1975 on topic DLA to PIP
Ok thanks Gordon

More
7 years 1 month ago #183193 by Lou1975
Hi Gordon

Just a update .

I have rang the DWP as I still haven't heard anything in relation to a date for the medical for my daughter . They advised that ATOS are dealing with it and they gave me a number.
I have spoke with them and they have advised that they are still looking at all the information and it hasnt been decided yet if a face to face medical is needed .

my daughters friend who also has learning disabilities has just recently had their Assesment and was advised by the assessor that the appointment had been a waste of his time as clearly the person isn't independent in any way and that it hadn't been nessecssy for a face to face medical .
I very anxious about the whole thing but my disabled daughter is blissfully unaware and I guess that's the main thing
Thanks for all your help
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 1 month ago #184288 by Lou1975
Hi Gordon

I received a letter from the DWP saying that the previous information held from the DLA claim is no longer available as i had asked them to use it for the PIP claim . The letter has asked me to provide more health information even though i have supplied 11 recent reports,

I called the DWP and spoke with a decision maker who was unsure why i had received the letter but told me to send in all the old health information in if i had copies which i do have.

I then spoke to ATOS who have advised me that they have been able to do a paper based assesment and advised that thier report is ready to be sent offto the DWP. When i told her about the letter i had received she told me not to bother sending anything else in as the assesment has been completed .

DO you think I should send it in anyway Gordon ?

Thanks

More
7 years 1 month ago #184333 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
mum

I would send it to the DWP marked for the attention of the Decision/Claims manager, they can then decide whether they need to get further medical advice from ATOS about it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.