× Members

DLA to PIP - PIP 1 questions

More
6 years 11 months ago #189718 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP - PIP 1 questions
displayname

You've missed a key word from the requirement, it is "undertake any journey"! In simpler terms this is about you leaving the house to start a journey, it is not about the journey itself, whether it is familiar or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mangof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189844 by mangof
Replied by mangof on topic DLA to PIP - PIP 1 questions
Thanks. Am nearly done with the form now. It's been an exhausting and distressing process but made easier by the guides and your help.

My next question is: once you send the form off how long is it taking to hear back? (I am in N Yorkshire). Should I expect to not hear for a couple of months?

I have put in the form as much detail plus as much evidence as I can. I have requested a paper assessment (with reasons & supporting letters for that) but know they may ask me to attend f2f.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189861 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP - PIP 1 questions

displayname wrote: Thanks. Am nearly done with the form now. It's been an exhausting and distressing process but made easier by the guides and your help.

My next question is: once you send the form off how long is it taking to hear back? (I am in N Yorkshire). Should I expect to not hear for a couple of months?

I have put in the form as much detail plus as much evidence as I can. I have requested a paper assessment (with reasons & supporting letters for that) but know they may ask me to attend f2f.

The DWP are quoting six weeks, we have seen a slow down in assessment times recently, especially for Capita areas, so I think the six weeks is probably a minimum period,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mangof

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris