× Members

DLA to PIP - PIP 1 questions

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #188707 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP - PIP 1 questions

displayname wrote: Yes, I would explain in more detail why my mental health means I can't cook.

But if I say help would make it worse does that mean I would score no points then?

Sorry - I am confused by it all.

I can understand why it is confusing?

To score you need to meet the requirement, so if an aid or appliance would help then you would meet (b) and score 2 points.

If these would not help then you are assessing yourself as potentially meeting a higher Descriptor.

Based on your post you are assessing you yourself as meeting (f) but this is a very high standard for you to meet and you will need to explain why the lower Descriptors do not work for you.

So for example you will need to explain why the "added stress" or it being "infuriating" would prevent you preparing and cooking the meal. The DWP may well argue that this is not the case and that the assistance would not prevent you from completing the activity and that it would in fact enable you to do it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kotenok, mangof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188931 by mangof
Replied by mangof on topic DLA to PIP - PIP 1 questions
Thanks - it's becoming clearer now and I'm making progress with answering the questions. Although it is incredibly stressful thing to do.

As I mentioned above I am typing out my answers and am going to include them with my form. (Will write in the boxes please see additional sheet x etc)

Do I send them in lose or stapled on or fastened in another way?

More
6 years 11 months ago #188947 by Gordon

displayname wrote: Do I send them in lose or stapled on or fastened in another way?

I would send them in stapled or my preference, punch a hole in the top left corner and use a Treasury Tag, ribbon or string to tie them all together, with luck, once they are scanned they will ties them all together again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mangof

More
6 years 11 months ago #189542 by mangof
The mobility section - do I need to fill it in?

I have nearly finished my answers but have not done this section yet. I would likely (assuming a fair assessment!) get 4 points for being too anxious to go to an unfamiliar place via public transport. It's partly chronic fatigue too which in my particular case is likely linked to early psychological trauma.

I don't know if my chronic fatigue would get points in the other question and as it is linked to my mental health which would muddy the waters.

There isn't a neat mental/physical separation for me for these questions!

So I am not really expecting to get mobility. But I was thinking if I don't fill it in it wouldn't look consistent with my answers to the daily living part and then they would be cast into doubt. Is that the case?

More
6 years 11 months ago #189559 by Gordon
displayname

If you don't provide any information then I think you can guarantee that you won't score any points.

You are right to think about the problems you have described in the Daily Living section of the form, for example if you have said that you have problems standing in regard to Preparing Food and Washing and Dressing then there may be a reasonable expectation of some problems with walking.

Remember you need to do the activities reliably and on the majority of days not to score points, so this may give you more flexibility to discuss your mobility problems.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: mangof

More
6 years 11 months ago #189702 by mangof
Wth q13

You get 4 pts if you need prompting for any journey due to psychological distress

So that's any journey not just unfamiliar ones? But to do it reliably you'd need to be able to do it the majority of days?

(This is a tricky section for me to fill in because sometimes my problems are due to psychological issues sometimes fatigue! I know you can't help with that conundrum - I'll just try and explain it in my answers. I realise I may not get a mobility award)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.