× Members

Forced onto JSA

More
6 years 5 months ago #203251 by 7days
Forced onto JSA was created by 7days
Hello everyone,

Not sure if you can help with this or if its a bit too off-topic...

Bit of background - I failed the WCA (so found capable of work), I scored 9/15 points after Mandatory Reconsideration. I decided not to Appeal despite numerous errors in the decision making as I did not feel up to it/capable of going through the Appeal process.

I am in a position now where I am considering returning to work, but am not well enough to go full-time.

Is there a way of claiming JSA but not being forced to look for full-time work? I heard that if you get a note from your GP, this might be a possibility.

There are employment support services (within mental health organisations) available but I will only be able to access them if I am receiving JSA or ESA. These mental health employment support teams help you into work/volunteering gradually taking into consideration your mental health history and needs without rushing you - I would need this much more than the Job Centre approach.

So my questions is would I be able to claim JSA, get a note from my GP saying I am not capable of full-time work at this stage, and access an NHS mental health focused employment support team, without losing JSA?

Not sure if anyone can help, I realise it is a bit off-topic, but any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #203254 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Forced onto JSA
7Days

You may be able to negotiate a restricted Claimant Commitment, unfortunately there is not way to know this in advance, you must make the JSA claim and see what your JC+ advisor is willing to accept. Be aware that you claim can be refused if you;

- Don't declare yourself as Fit for Work so I would not present a Fit Note when you make the claim
- Are unable to meet the minimum Claimant Commitment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris