× Members

Change in Medical Conditions

More
6 years 2 months ago #209495 by Harishah
Change in Medical Conditions was created by Harishah
I have now been diagnosed with a Heart Condition with Angina and had a Stent implanted because of a major blockage in my main artery.

This is a new condition and does affect my mobility further due to Angina symptoms. As this is a new diagnosis and has only happened in the last couple of months I have not yet informed the DWP about it. I have the medical reports to send off if required.

I am worried that not informing DWP about this may affect my award at on review or renewal when that happens. I am also worried that if I do inform DWP about this new condition then I may be called for another medical assessment and I do not want to go through the stress of that again.

Can someone please advise me on what I should do regarding this newly diagnosed condition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209520 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Change in Medical Conditions
Harendra

As you are saying that your conditions and limitations have changed then I cannot tell you that you do not need to contact the DWP, however, they are usually not that bothered if a claimant does not tell them about a deterioration.

Does the change mean that you would reasonably meet the criteria for a higher award?

If you do contact the DWP then do it in writing and preferably using a tracked post so that you have proof of delivery.

Reporting a Change will result in a full reassessment of your claim, a new PIP2 and almost likely a face to face assessment. The new Decision will supersede and replace your existing award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris