× Members

Elderly Claimant on DLA - PIP change?

More
6 years 5 months ago #211080 by King_Drax_I
Elderly Claimant on DLA - PIP change? was created by King_Drax_I
My mother is elderly (82) and she has a diagnosis of dementia. At present, she is on DLA for mobility. If I apply for a Care Component, on the basis of her dementia, does that mean that she will have to switch to PIP from DLA? Also, if I apply for the Care Component, will she be reassessed for Mobilty as well? I don't want to put her through anything stressful, you see, as she will get distressed. I am wanting to get that Care Component because she will not only get extra money but she will also get council tax disregard too. Any ideas, please? Thanks in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211082 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Elderly Claimant on DLA - PIP change?
Drax

She is too old to be moved to PIP so it will be DLA reassessment. If you ask for just the care component to be reviewed then then DWP should allow this but it is at their discretion. If you hear nothing to the contrary then mark the mobility section of the form as "np change".

Our DLA guides explain the process and the criteria she will need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: King_Drax_I

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid