× Members

Income based ESA

More
6 years 5 months ago #211203 by Black Dahlia
Income based ESA was created by Black Dahlia
Can anyone tell me what is the financial threshold for Income based ESA payments? My reason for asking is this, my 71 year old partner is recieving an enhanced state pension and has a draw down pension, (made up of a portfolio of approx £100,000 in shares and unit trusts). He draws down approx £5000 p.a. which comprises interest on the capital. I, aged 62 and therefore without my pension until 2022, am in receipt of ESA (cont-based) in the Support Group and PIP with enhanced daily living, no mobility ( lost in transition from DLA to PIP).
The question I am asking, id would I be able to qualify for Income related ESA? I am currently £77.00 per week worse off by moving in with my partner, as I lost my Severe Disability Premium and Disability insurance. Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211216 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income based ESA
BD

I would expect your partners shares and trusts to be treated as capital for the purposes of ESA putting you significantly over the £16,000 limit for Income Related ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Dahlia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.