× Members

War pension and PIP

More
6 years 5 months ago #211258 by Gazza66
War pension and PIP was created by Gazza66
Hi, new to the site.
I’m in receipt of a war pension (40%) and have just received my letter ref your DLA is ending please apply for PIP.
Have not been assessed for DLA since 2005 as was on an indefinite award so this is all new to me as can’t even remember the process from so long ago.
As well as all the supporting medical evidence I will send in when they send me the form to fill in, is it worth sending in confirmation of my accepted conditions of my war pension? The reason I ask is will the assessors even know what it is and will it help my claim?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211279 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic War pension and PIP

Gazza66 wrote: Hi, new to the site.
I’m in receipt of a war pension (40%) and have just received my letter ref your DLA is ending please apply for PIP.
Have not been assessed for DLA since 2005 as was on an indefinite award so this is all new to me as can’t even remember the process from so long ago.
As well as all the supporting medical evidence I will send in when they send me the form to fill in, is it worth sending in confirmation of my accepted conditions of my war pension? The reason I ask is will the assessors even know what it is and will it help my claim?
Thanks.

So our PIP Claim guide will explain the claim process and the criteria you will need to meet for an award.

You can use the evidence from your War Pension award to support your PIP claim but you will need to show it's relevance to the PIP criteria for it to have weight.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gazza66

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid