× Members

Failed DLA--> PIP conversion

More
6 years 3 months ago #213615 by Helen Chapman
Failed DLA--> PIP conversion was created by Helen Chapman
Despite using the guides, as I have done for the past 16 years, always successfully in the past, the person i care for has gone from middle level care and lower level getting around to nothing. He has a large hole in his brain. The assessment report contained gems such as, "you can drive a car so you have mental capacity." and "you can ask for directions when you get lost, so you can plan and follow a route." (He gets lost on familiar routes in a town where he has lived all his life and if he could plan and follow a journey he wouldn't get lost and need to ask)
If it weren't all so stressful and blatantly unfair, it might be considered a joke.
So now it's a mandatory appeal at the same time as an ESA review. So, what will they use during the ESA assessment - the refused PIP application, or will there be some sort of allowance for it being subject to review?
v many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #213624 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Failed DLA--> PIP conversion
hr

We haven't seen a negative PIP report impact on an ESA assessment but I would spend extra time explaining their problems in the few areas where ESA and PIP overlap.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helen Chapman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid