× Members

PIP Medical Assessments- When do you not have one?

More
5 years 9 months ago #215060 by smark25
Hi,

The first time i applied for PIP several years ago, originally i didn't receive enough points for anything. I requested a mandatory reconsideration, and was awarded standard daily living. I then appealed to tribunal and was awarded full rates for both. At no point did i have to go for an assessment.

I was wondering, is it always required to go for an assessment? This time round i have very strong evidence and have learnt from the trauma of the first time i applied. I was wondering what circumstances there are ins which assessments are not requested.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #215075 by Gordon
Mark

Only about 5% of PIP claimants avoid a face to face assessment.

There are two reasons why a Paper Based Review will be done, primarily the decision is based on their being sufficient evidence for an assessor to make a recommendation to the DWP without seeing the claimant, this usually involves them writing to the claimants medical contacts.

Secondly they will look at whether a face to face would cause the claimant unreasonable physical or mental harm.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris