× Members

means tested benefits.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215551 by petrocelli
means tested benefits. was created by petrocelli
Hi Gordon, bear with me please!

Am on ESA Contribution (Support Group)., and won't qualify for IR ESA.

As advised by CAB, because my two small pensions when added together are less than £85,
my ESA is not affected and neither do I have to inform DWP. CAB provided me with this
in writing so that I have proof that I sought advise.

I am eager to try this year for the £140 rebate on my electricity, which would make a
huge difference and have only just found out that I might qualify.

My question to the Forum is whether an application for the £140 rebate might trigger
more stress from the DWP?!!!!!!!! Anyone out there experienced any repercussions after
their applications?

Kind Regards
P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215600 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic means tested benefits.
petrocelli

I've had to move your post to its own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other member's topics as it can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

I can't see any reason why this would trigger any problems with the DWP, as far as I am aware you are not asked to provide your National Insurance Number which would mean it's quite unlikely that your Electricity supplier will actually contact them.

However, I think you need to be in receipt of an Income Related benefit and a qualifying Premium to be eligible for the discount but happy to be proved wrong.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #215632 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic means tested benefits.
Many thanks Gordon and my most humble apologies for my incorrect posting.

Was hoping I might qualify for the Broader Group!

Kind Regards
P

More
6 years 1 month ago #215670 by sjwcr
Replied by sjwcr on topic means tested benefits.
Hi!
I have applied and received this rebate for this broader group for the last couple of years with different Utility Companies. I have had no repercussions with the DWP and it was quite easy to apply for the rebate online. You do have to register your interest as soon as the scheme opens with your chosen company.

Usually they ask that you are in receipt of an income related benefit, however some of them also have different criteria, e.g. "a total househould income of less than 16,190 and receiving a disability premium", that type of thing.
It's definitely worth checking out all the main companies that offer it.
I have managed to switch year on year and still received it.

I hope this information was helpful! :)

Kind regards,
Sj

More
6 years 1 month ago #215697 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic means tested benefits.
The different energy suppliers have different criteria and different cut off dates/quotas- so might be worth checking. Some of the smaller companies won't do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: petrocelli

More
6 years 1 month ago #215773 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic means tested benefits.
Sjwcr, many thanks. At least there's a little hope!!!!!!!

Kind Regards
P
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjwcr

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid