× Members

Atos, help needed.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215802 by naomiw87
Atos, help needed. was created by naomiw87
I received a letter on the 4th may to start of my transfer from DLA to PIP. I have bipolar disorder that reacts badly to stress. I filled in the pip2 with the help of the guides and my husband (full time carer). I gave as much evidence as I could, care plan, a letter from my psychotherapist and a letter from my husband describing how he cares for me from day to day. The DWP received my form on the 25th May. On the 31st of may I received a letter from atos saying they will try and do my assesment on paper and will write to the people who are involved in my care. The start of June a form was sent to my Gp who filled it in immediately and returned it. This week is my 10th week of hearing nothing from ATOS or the DWP and then Tuesday I received an appointment letter. Which caused me to have an outburst of rage. My husband called them and they said they would postpone the appointment and the reason I am having one is because although they have the go report, they tried phoning my psychotherapist between the dates of the 31st may and the 1st of June but it was constantly engaged. Having phoned her many times I know this isn't true and had they called on another occasion they would have got through. The advisor on the phone could hear my outburst and she has but a note on my file saying I could be hospitalised over this she even said herself that it is unacceptable. This has really aggravated my mental health. I feel i have been completely screwed over before even going into assesment. I don't know what annoys me more the time frame I have been waiting or the fact they went to little effort as possible to contact my therapist. Please of someone can give me some advice I would be grateful, I feel I am going out of my mind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215816 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos, help needed.
Naomi

You need to be careful, although it was not your intention I believe that you have now used one of the two appointments that claimants are allowed and will need to attend any further appointment or risk your claim being closed by the DWP.

The issue that appears to be stopping a Paper Based Review is current medical evidence, would your Psychotherapist be willing to contact ATOS on your behalf to find out what information is missing.

As you have mentioned anger problems you are not going to help a home assessment.

You can try involving your MP but if the issue is evidence then they may be limited in the help they can provide.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #215829 by naomiw87
Replied by naomiw87 on topic Atos, help needed.
Thank you for the reply. My therapist is currently on holiday she is back next week. Today I have been revered to a psychiatrist, can count this as additional evidence? I feel really confused by it all.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215837 by Gordon

Naomi wrote: Today I have been revered to a psychiatrist, can count this as additional evidence? I feel really confused by it all.

It's worth mentioning but don't expect too much from it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #215896 by naomiw87
Replied by naomiw87 on topic Atos, help needed.
I just wanted to update, that my husband contacted atos again. This time he was told that on the system it says I am unsuitable for a face 2 face or home assesment, but unfortunately there wasn't enough evidence for the daily living and that is why they want to see me. We have given them some time slots that we are available to attend and they are sending me a new appointment. However in the meantime if they receive more information from my gp and therapist they will cancel the appointment. But I have accepted I will probably have to go, which is causing me great anxiety but I realise since calming down if I don't comply with the system then my claim will end. I will keep you informed of any updates. In the meantime how can I prepare myself for the assesment?

More
6 years 1 month ago #215903 by Gordon
Naomi

The PIP Claim guide has sections on the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked,

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid