× Members

ESA and State Pension Age

More
6 years 1 month ago #215918 by carruthers
ESA and State Pension Age was created by carruthers
In December 2014, the DWP gave me ESA in the Support Group for 3 years. From what I have been reading here, I was not surprised when October 2017 came and went without The Brown Envelope. It has still not arrived and a new factor has come into play. Come November of this year, I shall reach state pension age. Obviously, when that date arrives I shall no longer be eligible for ESA.

What I would like to know is this. Does DWP (ESA) know about the schedule of DWP (State Pension)? Could I still find myself with a claim form and a 28-day deadline if I want to continue to receive ESA until November? Or will they now save us and them the hassle of dealing with a claim that will probably not be resolved (unless it goes through on the nod, like the last one) by the time the whole matter becomes irrelevant?

BTW, I now have PIP HRC and HRM until “at least” March 2027 – so I’m pigeonholing that one as “completely unpredictable”.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215945 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and State Pension Age
carruthers

The DWP know about your State Retirement Age but don't seem to take the information into account when dealing with ESA, we have several members with less than six months to receiving their pension begin the reassessment process for ESA.

I'm afraid you will have to wait to see what happens if you are reassessed it may be possible to get the process withdrawn as it is very unlikely to complete given the delays in the assessment part of the process at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: carruthers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid