× Members

PIP2 form lost in DWP system

More
6 years 1 month ago #216341 by cyngor2013
PIP2 form lost in DWP system was created by cyngor2013
Hi sorry for this really long post and I hope someone can advise.

My husband is currently in the DLA to PIP migration process.

His PIP2 form was due back on the 21 June and it was sent back RM Special Delivery and signed for on the morning of 20 June.
The DWP acknowledge receipt of the package but somehow the completed PIP2 and around 200 pages of medical records, letters and other evidence have gone missing. All pages had name, NI and DOB printed on them and they were attached to the PIP2 and tied together as a bundle.

About a fortnight later we sent some additional evidence with a cover letter.

We received a call on the 26 July asking us to contact them. Apparently all of the original information including PIP2 has gone astray and it only flagged up when the additional evidence was inputted. Again they acknowledge receipt and they took the tracking details etc to help search for it. The only thing they could advise is that we called again every few days to see if they had found it and that they would send out a new PIP2 just in case.

Since then we've had to make many calls to DWP to ask if they have found it, but no luck and the new PIP2 failed to arrive.

I called again this morning, 14 August, in desperation and spoke to a manager who said that it is now unlikely that the original PIP2 form and the evidence will be found. He also said that while he could see that a second PIP2 had been supposedly issued he could not find anything to say it had been posted. He has now issued and hopefully sent a third PIP2 form.

My husband who has complex physical and mental health problems is distraught and I just don't know if I have the energy to fight this anymore. I tried to do everything I could to ensure that the process went as well as it could - completed form returned with loads of evidence, Special Delivery by the due date etc and they still manage to lose the information. I do understand that things do get lost in the system of any large organisation but I really did think that given the importance the PIP2 form carries that any information would have been scanned into their system upon receipt. I'm also really worried about all of that personal and sensitive information just lying around somewhere in a DWP room.

We don't really know what else we can do. I'm not convinced that the DWP are seriously searching for the lost information and if we do finally receive a new PIP2 form what's to say that it too will not disappear.

Can anyone advise if the DWP have an obligation to do a full search? I would also like to know if it would be possible given the circumstances for me to hand deliver the next PIP2 and all the evidence to a Jobcentre Plus or another office?

Sorry again for the long post,

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #216345 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP2 form lost in DWP system
Em

The problems you have is that all of the people you are talking to or are involved in your husband's claim are physically separated from each other.

The form and your evidence would have been delivered to Wolverhampton, you are talking to a call centre somewhere in the UK and the actual staff dealing with the claim will be in a Benefit Centre somewhere close to you.

You could try involving your MP, they may be able to get the DWP to focus on the problem if they are not already.

Contacting your MP

You may be able to take the new PIP2 to your local JC+ office, you will need to make an appointment and they may have concerns if the there are a lot of pages, so check that they will do it before going.

You can make a complaint to the DWP about the lost documents

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cyngor2013

More
6 years 1 month ago #216349 by Jackie
Replied by Jackie on topic PIP2 form lost in DWP system
Thank you for your post, it has just become apparent that all my supporting evidence is also missing, just had my result of face to face and nothing is listed?? Don't know where to start as preparing to go to MR.

More
6 years 1 month ago #216350 by cyngor2013
Replied by cyngor2013 on topic PIP2 form lost in DWP system
Thanks Gordon.

I've just written a letter to the MP for their help.

I will write and complain to the DWP but I don't really have much hope that it will be dealt with as I've noticed that the address the complaint needs to be sent to is the same place the lost PIP2 was sent to.

Thanks again

More
6 years 1 month ago #216356 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP2 form lost in DWP system
EM

All mail for the DWP goes to Wolverhampton, the postcode then directs it to the reight department, in theory anyway.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid