× Members

PIP Tribunal.

More
6 years 1 month ago #216620 by Craig Scothern
PIP Tribunal. was created by Craig Scothern
Please can someone help me?

I have lost my PIP due to a hostile assesor. I was receiving PIP at the lower rate for mobility . I asked for extra health as my health had deteriorated. I suffer from gout, arthritiss, wet macular degeneration, kidney failure, I am a home dialysis patient which makes life very diificult. My ESA is in the support group, yet I am not seen as qualifying for PIP.

I recently went to a tribunal and it was set back until Noverber 2018 because some paperwork was missing from the hospital letter. The judge kept banging on about some dates when she alleged that I left my previous doctors. It turns out that this was a mistake on the doctor's behalf and that there was no break in my medical history. I now have proof of this and so could the DWP/Tribunal if they had read the records properly.

So I will be going back to the tribunal again leter this year, this time I would like somebody with me and to be better informed.

Since I made my request for more help, my health has gotten worse. The judge suggested that I make a fresh claim for PIP, but I do, I shall lose the money I may receive if I win. I do understand that the tribunal only looks at what my health was like at the time of the assessment and not today. I qualified for the higher rate of DLA before, yet now I am more ill and less able and have lost everything.

Can someone please help me? All advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #216636 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal.
C

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You won't lose any back payments if you make a new claim and your appeal is successful but it will limit the award as a new claim will result in a new Decision which will supersede any previous ones. The appeal re-makes the Decision that you appealed and applies from that date.

If your hearing is being re-convened for later in the year then I would consider hanging on to see what the result is.

If no award is made then you can make a new claim for PIP immediately.

If the award is not what you think you currently should receive then you can report a Change of Circumstances, although I would check the PIP Descriptors very carefully to make sure that you would score the extra points needed for a higher award.

If the award is one that you think reasonably represents your current problems then you can leave it alone until your award comes up for reassessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid