× Members

DLA to PIP

More
6 years 1 month ago #217224 by Lemonmeringuepie
DLA to PIP was created by Lemonmeringuepie
Help please. I need to send my PIP2 form off in a week, and I think everything I’ve written so far might be not be very useful. (I’ve already had the 2 week extension as my form arrived very late, and am struggling to get my head round it most days. I’ve still got several sections to do.)

Do I state which descriptor/s I think apply to me for each activity, and how often, or leave it for them to pick what’s relevant out of all my information?

Should I spell out the 4 parts of ‘Reliably’ that apply to me (or however many apply for a particular activity), rather than just let them pick them out of a very long prose statement? If so, could I do those in note/list form at the beginning or end? A very rough example:
Reliably:
Safely – burn myself, x, y, & z.
To an acceptable standard – burnt food.
(Would I just leave out any of the 4 ‘Reliably’ that don’t apply to me for a particular activity?)

Would I fill in ‘Reliably’ as if I was (hypothetically) trying to do stuff myself unaided, or with help/aids too – (though I think most of my answers might be too complicated to make that division?)

Is it ok to underline and put some words in bold, to help emphasise and clarify in a very long prose statement?

Most of my answers are done as statements in paragraphs, but in a couple I’ve put in some bullet points – do you think this would be ok?

I realise that the guide recommends filling in using the 6 questions ‘formula’ - I’ve tried really hard but I just can’t manage this...I can only explain my problems and give examples by mentioning the help or aids I need at the same time – so questions 2, 3&4 all get combined together. Do you think this will be ok? (I’ve got so tangled and anxious trying to make them fit the formula, that my answers are really long-winded and don’t make a lot of sense, but I don’t have time to try and rewrite them. I keep thinking I’ll have to give up completely.)

Many thanks – sorry for the very long post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #217247 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Lemonmeringuepie

You can complete the form in whatever way seems best to you, so if you want to highlight text or put it in capitals then feel free to do so.

Those assessing you lack imagination so you need to spell everything out on your form as they won't work it out for themselves, so if you cannot do an activity reliably then you need to explain why this is the case.

The only thing I would pick out is that you need to answer each activity in its own right, mixing your answers will be confusing, this may mean that you have to repeat your problems for each question.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid