× Members

Esa serve disability premium

More
6 years 2 days ago #218353 by Poppy
Esa serve disability premium was created by Poppy
Hi I have been on Esa support for about 7 years n on enhanced pip. I just found out today that I could have been claiming sdp. My circumstances have not changed I would have qualified then n now. Can they back date it. I telephoned years ago about it but told not eligible. But now told I am nothing at all has changed. I went through the criteria with advisor n she said yes. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 days ago #218369 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa serve disability premium
Poppy

To qualify for the Severe Disability Premium you need to be receiving an Income Related benefit such as ESA(IR) to allow payment, have a qualifying benefit such as PIP Daily Living or DLA MRC or HRC and you must live alone or be considered as living alone and no one must be receiving Carers Allowance against your PIP or DLA.

Qualification for the SD Premium is automatic once you meet the criteria, however, the DWP may not be aware of your living circumstances.

Contact the DWP again, you will need to figure out when you became eligible.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 days ago #218380 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic Esa serve disability premium
Thank u so much I became eligible about 7 years ago. What can they do. Can they back date it thanks

More
6 years 2 days ago #218393 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa serve disability premium

Poppy wrote: Thank u so much I became eligible about 7 years ago. What can they do. Can they back date it thanks

All you can do is ask and see what happens. If the DWP push back on the backdating then I would get face to face advice as you need someone who can converse with the DWP on your behalf, which we cannot do on the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid