× Members

PIP mobility psychological distress

More
6 years 1 day ago #218468 by Marie
Regarding the 1.6 million reviews to check for claimants eligible for more points in relation to the planning and following journeys revised criteria in light of 'MH'. Has anyone who thinks they may be eligible actually received any back payments/correspondence about this yet?. I read the first payments would be sent out 'late summer'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219253 by jason
Replied by jason on topic PIP mobility psychological distress
hi marie, im in the same situation as you.
ive not yet received any information about this or any back payments
I was informed DWP would write to me if I was due any monies

More
5 years 11 months ago #219572 by marinatroia@hotmail.com
Replied by marinatroia@hotmail.com on topic PIP mobility psychological distress
I received a letter 4 weeks ago stating that my award had been reassessed following the new rules and that there is no change to my award.
I have requested an MR as I meet the criteria for for planning and following journeys: f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. I originally scored 4 points for needing prompting to leave the house when I actually need someone with me the whole time to prevent and assist with overwhelming psychological distress this is well documented by G.P reports, psychiatric reports, medication and therapy.
If there is no change at MR then I will take it to tribunal.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid