× Members

ESA Change of Circumstances/Paying Enough Money

More
6 years 1 week ago #219221 by Asbo
Hi

I feel harried. Yesterday I sent off my PIP review form early and today got another hefty form re ESA. But I don't think it's a review as such. I can't bear to look at it in detail but it seems to be trying to see if I qualify for Income Based top up. I know that I do actually but never bothered claiming it before because didn't want to rock the boat as these forms are so stressful.

Are other people on Contributions Based ESA getting these forms and is it anything to worry about? There is no deadline for sending it back which is how I knew it wasn't an ESA review.

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #219223 by Gordon
Asbo

It's because of the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3735-esa-...t-many-will-miss-out

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Asbo

More
6 years 1 week ago #219225 by Asbo
Thanks Gordon. Yes I remember that. But if I was never claiming IR ESA (even though I was eligible) will I still be able to get a back payment? The date they have is 2013 which was when I was first assessed for ESA after migration from IB.

More
6 years 1 week ago #219227 by Gordon

Asbo wrote: will I still be able to get a back payment?

Yes, that's the whole purpose of the review.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Asbo

More
6 years 1 week ago #219331 by Curveball
Replied by Curveball on topic ESA Change of Circumstances/Paying Enough Money
I was invited to apply for this also to see if they owed me money. Form said I had a month so I ignored it and after a month they wrote to me giving me another month, I ignored that also and got numerous letters reminding me and eventually a call to my mobile stating they had to see me face to face about this, I explained that since I also get a war pension there is no way I qualify for it and I refuse to fill in a form which triggers a change in circumstances and a move onto universal credit, the lady on the phone actually said I was clever then changed tack and said ok fine if you don’t want it we will close it down. Just be careful of the promise of more money

More
6 years 1 week ago #219333 by Gordon
Curveball

To be clear, as I have said on multiple posts recently, this is an amendment to a claimants existing ESA claim it cannot result in a transfer to Universal Credit.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid